Saturday, November 17, 2012

Where is the World's Largest Swimming pool?


Where is the World's Largest Swimming pool?

The Crystal Lagoon at San Alfonso del Mar resort, Chile is the world's largest swimming pool. It is 3,233 feet long, 115 feet deep, holds 66 million gallons of crystal  clear sea water, and is estimated to be equivalent to 20 Olympic size swimming pools. 








































This swimming pool is so big that tourists ride boats on it and even learn how to scuba dive in it! Not bad for an incredible swimming pool!

Completed in December 2006, engineers took almost 5 years to build it, with an estimated cost of construction of £1billion. The operating and maintenance yearly cost of this swimming pool is estimated to be £2million a year.

Makes you wonder how this swimming pool can maintain crystal clear water in any given day and how many Pool Technicians are needed to vacuum its floor and brush its walls.

Well, this swimming pool has a computerized filtration system that sucks sea water and filters it, keeps the seawater in circulation in the swimming pool and then returns the filtered seawater back to the sea. 

This is a swimming pool that  architects and engineers should visit so they can learn how to design and build incredible eco-friendly swimming pools like it.

If you need professional advice on how to construct a swimming pool this big - 
come visit our company website or join us in Facebook!

Pool Boy Swimming pool and Property Management Corporation.
http://www.poolboypools.com/
http://www.facebook.com/poolboyswimmingpools
poolboy911@yahoo.com

18 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the coolest thing ever! I have been looking around for swimming pool contractors in Ottawa and found this. It is amazing. Thanks for the information!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. I've been looking for some water solutions in Calgary and this has given me some ideas on what I can look for.

Unknown said...

Oh thats a great info provides by you about a swimming pool construction toowoomba i would like to thanks to share such type of great info.I want to continue with your blogs.

Unknown said...

This swimming pool sounds completely amazing! I would love to take a vacation to Chile, just to visit this! Are there a lot of good hotels near by to stay in? poolsolarwa.com

Unknown said...

Swimming is one of my many hobbies. I have always wanted to get my own swimming pool with a liner in it. I'm working on getting one right now in Perth.
John Bond | http://www.westcoastpoolliners.com.au

Unknown said...

To me this is more of a lake. I think it would be really cool to have a big swimming pool, but I don't know if I want to get a swimming pool that is that big. I think one that fits in my backyard comfortably would be so nice. http://yandlessplashtimepools.net

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We just installed a pool in our backyard last summer. I've never had one before so I've been learning how to take care of it as we go. I just noticed this week that there is algae in the pool, though. What do I need to do to maintain the pool and prevent this from happening?
http://www.magicpools.com/about

Unknown said...

This is such an amazing article! I would love to go to Chile and visit the largest swimming pool in the world. I am amazed at its design and how it all works to keep its maintenance and water quality. http://www.dolphin-pools.com/?page_id=2913

digitals said...

great post.
best swimming pool for family

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. I have been looking for some pool liners in Australia. Thank you for your helpful blogs! Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I couldn't wait for summer to visit more swimming pools with my husband and kids. We are excited and of course it's going to be fun.
commercial swimming pools

amazon, spare part, service said...

nice

B2B lead list companies said...

yupii

b2b data list website said...

yupaa

Swimming Pool Ladders Lancaster, PA said...

Your blog is awesome. This blog is very useful and informative. Thanks for sharing such an informative post with us.

nelson mutua said...

The key to keeping your pool clean is to perform maintenance tasks on a normal basis. After all, no one wants to swim in a gross pool. Get more information about robotic pool cleaners on this link.

kundlireading said...

For that reason, it's important to think of the look you would like for your pool. Such a location will not just warm up the water, it is going to also lower the range of leaves that drop in the pool. Get more interesting details about champagne pools check out this site.